Your research paper thesis is a central idea of your paper, which should…
- Be one to two sentences long;
- State clearly and succinctly the purpose of your paper;
- Uncover what you believe your research will prove.
Remember that it is crucial to come up with a well-defined research paper thesis because it…
- Helps you focus on your subject throughout the research project;
- Provides a clear blueprint for the rest of the paper;
- Assist you with prioritizing your time;
- Make your research more productive.
A thesis statement should comprise two elements: (1) a limited subject + (2) a specific attitude or feeling toward a subject.
To develop a tentative thesis that you have written early in your research into a final thesis statement of your paper, you should follow this process:
- Choose a broad subject;
- Limit your subject;
- Select a tentative thesis that will evolve as you do further research;
- Put your research paper thesis in the form of a question;
- Turn this question into a more exact and precise sentence.
When you have created a specific and clearly defined thesis statement, make sure that it directs you to write a paper that meets all the requirements of your assignment.